Moodle 5 -Pinterest board (Nilufar Kargasova)

 

https://pin.it/7DbIsgdbv

I've chosen digital literature as the theme for my Pinterest board to explore how Pinterest plays a role in crafting my digital footprint.

Like many others, I find Pinterest serves primarily as a source of inspiration. Analyzing my saved pins and search history reveals interesting patterns about my motivations for using the platform. Additionally, I'm curious to understand how Pinterest might perceive me based on my saved content and search behavior.

Digital Vision Boards

One of the main reasons I use Pinterest is for creating digital vision boards. Pinterest's visually appealing nature makes it the perfect platform for this purpose. Here, I can curate a private space for my dreams, shielding them from public view. At the same time, it allows me to systematically envision my desired life through repeated exposure to these inspiring visuals.



The Power of Visuals and Audio

Another board I curate on Pinterest is dedicated to books I plan to read in the future. My interests span psychology, physical exercise, business, communication, leadership, and art. Saving these pins allows me to create targeted book lists within each theme.

The Power of Perception in Book Choice

Through this process, I've realized how book design and popular discourse surrounding them significantly influence how we perceive them. This phenomenon likely relates to how humans grasp information. As Anthony Robbins suggests in his book "Unlimited Power," individual perception is strongly linked to sensory dominance. (2003) Some people have stronger senses, be it visual, auditory, or kinesthetic. Over time, I've discovered that visual and auditory elements play a crucial role in my decision-making, particularly when choosing books.


A Glimpse into Algorithmic Perception

Finally, I want to discuss how Pinterest might perceive me based on my saved pins and searches. There's a curious trend on Russian Instagram that claims to reveal Pinterest's vision of you. It involves looking for specific themes – an animal, place, plant, character, color, and hobby – on the Pinterest homepage desktop view.

While this method's accuracy is debatable, it raises an interesting question about how algorithms make sense of who we are based on our online behavior.
 



References
Robbins, A. (2003). Unlimited Power. Free Press. Retrieved from http://dspace.vnbrims.org:13000/jspui/bitstream/123456789/2366/1/Unlimted%20power%20by%20Anthony%20%20robbins.pdf.




Comments

  1. Nilufar, your exploration of digital literature through the creation of a Pinterest board is a creative approach to understanding your digital footprint. Your curiosity about how Pinterest's algorithms might perceive you based on your activity is quite intriguing. It really opens up a broader discussion about the role of algorithms in shaping our digital experiences and the extent to which they accurately reflect our interests and identities.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment