Digital Literacy Snapshot - Siyao Chen

 

My reflection


Reviewing my digital literacy journey and making it into a video will be a really exciting experience for me. In this process, I begin to think about how digital platforms and social media impact my emotions and shape personal values. In this dynamic journey, I keep seeking a kind of balance between digital narratives and my real life.  


As I mentioned in my video, I have video editing experience before. I used to make videos for my favourite musical theatre actor using Premiere; however, I tried CapCut this time. I can clearly perceive the advancement of technology and the widespread use of AI in the video editing process. In 2019, I needed to manually add subtitles to my videos and collect images, videos, and music online to make my videos more exquisite (CapCut was just a little baby in 2019). But when I used CapCut in 2024, I realized that video editing is straightforward now. CapCut automatically recognizes audio and generates subtitles. I can find the proper images or videos directly in CapCut's library and even use AI to help me pace my videos. Unlike in the past, when people needed to learn some basic knowledge to use Premiere and video editing, video editing has become much easier, and everyone can create digital narratives with CapCut.


For my video, I still used the traditional landscape video mode (like I did in 2019). I first wrote the script, then used Zoom for video recording, and finally, I used CapCut to edit and make my video look more attractive.


I hope you will enjoy my video!


Comments