Digital Literacy Snapshot - Selena Jammaz


Reflection

Taking the time to reflect on my digital literacy journey through the creation of this video opened my eyes to how much the digital world had developed in a short amount of time. I know that they call my generation the “digital natives”, but I’d always thought of this idea as being too exaggerated. However, the fact that I’d grown up as these technologies were being introduced made the adoption process seamless. Effortless, even. By the time I reached the start of my career in advertising, I was equipped with the ability to use various platforms for different purposes, including Microsoft Teams and Google Drive for collaboration, social media for keeping up with cultural trends and PowerPoint and supporting features to create enticing presentations. Looking back, I had been training all my life to become comfortable with technology in order to deploy them in my job at Leo Burnett Beirut...I was training to becomes transliterate and discuss it on our class in 2024! So perhaps I do belong to the "digital native" generation.


Looking ahead, I realize the importance of keeping up to date on technological innovations to expand my toolkit of skills and which will surely serve as useful in future endeavors - even if I’m not sure what they’ll be. 


Hope you enjoy the video!




Comments