Digital Literacy Snapshot - Gladis Batman

 











Reflection 

While reflecting on my journey on social media, I recalled both the positive and negative aspects of these digital platforms. Without them, I would definitely not be able to connect with my family and friends overseas, especially during serious times like war. However, at times, these platforms have also confused me with false information and made me feel disconnected.

These platforms can be very helpful if we understand them and use them appropriately. I have always observed my young daughter taking my phone to record herself dancing, singing, or having conversations. Later, when I watch these recordings, I find them incredibly cute, and I marvel at how children are so connected to electronic devices and social media.

Recording and publishing videos has been a challenge for me, despite being prepared with notes. Finding the right video editing program was particularly difficult. After recording the video on my phone, I uploaded it to the program and selected music and photos representing social media platforms, integrating them into the video. I arranged the appearance of the pictures to complement my conversation. Additionally, I had to create a YouTube page since I didn't have one before, and then I published the video and uploaded it to Blog Class. This entire process was a significant learning curve for me, and it took time to figure everything out. 

I hope you enjoy it:)


Comments